April 29, 2010

January 29th, 2010

This is something I wrote earlier this year.
The last thing I wanted at the time was to be judged by anyone on any "Side of the argument"....So it patiently waited in my Inbox...until now..At the time I was worried it wasn't complete. It wasn't perfect...It wasn't written to the best of my ability. But as I was clearing my inbox from all unneccessary garbage, I came upon it again...and I realized the message is in the medium in this case. So hopefully it benefits someone out there in the webbernets.
Here ya go. completely unedited. me.

Salaam Aleikum wa rahmatullahi barakatu
contemplation
youth
Joy
Happiness
Freedom
Beauty
values
success
Love
Selflessness
Sadness
Loneliness
Submission....
anger......

I like to think that to define ourselves, we should first define our own concept of words...(of course, it goes without saying that you should already know the proper definition.)

What dreams and realities do we consider when we start to build our "selves" ?

My personal journey to define the word faith started before I was even aware of it.
I know that I long for peace...in times of happiness and hardship. In Life and Death.
Awareness and acceptance that you can't understand something bigger than yourself is Faith. It's submission to Allah (God)...the definition of a muslim.
Islam encompasses my definition of faith in itself.
So far, I've come to understand that Faith does not enjoin itself entirely with reason
or emotion..Faith is a human factor that is obvious when observing the
miracle of any simple thing in this dunya (physical world) that any reflective person can question. But that's another blog entry I suppose..
Despite the fact that I have already decided to define my faith, I am not ashamed to allow my curiosity grow to supplement my definition. What I have just written is still raw in my mind. Impurities in my writing progression have not been scraped off the surface..but I hope with an open mind you can at least understand my humble, humble message.
I'm always learning...and not perfect.
All praises are due to Allah and any mistakes are mine.
cm

No comments:

Post a Comment